|[v · t · e]|
Knocking (ノッキング Nokkingu) is a special, non-lethal method of capturing wild beasts. It generally involves striking the nerves or pressure points that control movement of living creatures with the use of specialized techniques or the use of biodegradable needles fired from various implements, known as Knocking Guns. This way any beast can be transported alive. However, the location of these nerves is different in every species, so a great amount of knowledge and experience is required to use Knocking techniques or Knocking Guns effectively.
Gourmet Hunters can also apply for a patent on the Knocking Method required for a specific creature.
The Knocking needles of Knocking Guns have a few varied uses as well. Specialized needles fired into the heart of a person or beast can start it beating again, allowing for the revival of the recently deceased. Knocking needles can also be used to stimulate a sudden increase in the power and size of muscles, rather than paralyzing them. Mansam and Jiro use this technique to cause their muscles to swell to enormous size, granting them great strength and a highly intimidating appearance.
Knocking can also be performed with one's body and without the aid of devices, but these techniques require an exorbitant amount of skill, power and precision and have only been performed by extremely powerful individuals.
Knocking can be applied to both living individuals/creatures and inanimate objects, the range depends on the skill level of the person preforming the knocking. In the case of Knocking Master Jiro he was able to knock a natural disaster and for a short time the entire planet.
Teppei is a master in this field, adopting it from his grandfather as his favourite style of combat. He is so skilled that he was said to live up to his grandfather's name. His knowledge about Knocking is very broad, as he was able to paralyze even rare insects and extremely accomplished combatants with anomalous bodies such as his index finger.
- Single Fingered Fork (Unnamed): Toriko uses his Fork hand, but to increase its piercing power and reduce its surface area uses his index finger. This move is first used on a Puffer Whale.
- Impact Knocking (インパクトノッキング Inpakuto Nokkingu): Teppei is able to perform very precise knocking using his bare hands. The blows he lands are also very painful, compensating for the lack of true damage to the opponent. His Knocking appears to have various levels of intensity, that are named after the graduations of meat cooking.
- Medium (ミディアム Midiamu): A powerful blow to the celiac plexus that can paralyze the target completely. However, it is only partially effective against Tommyrod's insect ganglia.
- Well Done (ウェルダン Weru Dan): Teppei gives multiple strikes to the opponent's motor nerves that paralyze every muscle in their body.
- Intimidation Knocking (威嚇ノッキング Ikaku Nokkingu): Using two knocking guns, Jiro stimulates his own body to increase muscle mass and overall size. The purpose of this technique is to frighten off enemies without the need to fight.
- Grand Knocking (グランドノッキング Gurando Nokkingu): An unarmed Knocking technique, it is strong enough not only to perform Knocking on a large number of strong individuals but also to reduce the Earth's rotational speed to near stopping point. When performed, natural disasters happen due to the planet's rotation being slowed down.
- Moxibustion Knocking (お灸ノッキング Okyū Nokkingu): An anime-only Knocking techique used by Ayame in which she uses a moxa on the back of her neck to revert her body back to its strong and youthful state.
- Damage Knocking (ダメージノッキング Damēji Nokkingu): Jiro applies his Knocking directly into an opponent's attack, instantly stopping the damage within his body while the rest of the opponent's attack simply goes past him.
- Damage Knocking: Release (ダメージノッキング 解除 Damēji Nokkingu Kaijo): Acacia reaches inside an opponent and undoes any Damage Knocking, inflicting any accumulated damage all at once.
- Knocking Breath (ノッキングブレス Nokkingu Buresu): Jiro applies Knocking with a forceful breath.
- Secret Art: Knocking Time (奥義 ノッキングタイム Ōgi: Nokkingu Taimu): Jiro stops time with Knocking. The application of the Knocking is similar to Grand Knocking in that Jiro bashes the floor with his fist; however, it will only stop time on a smaller area and can be used more quickly.
- Eternal Knocking (エターナルノッキン Etānaru Nokkin): Jiro applies unending Knocking to an opponent, causing them to permanently freeze as if they were frozen in time. This technique is hard on his own body.
- Million Knocking (ミリオンノッキング Mirion Nokkingu): With incredible speed and precision, Jiro strikes an opponent a million times from every angle, allowing him to fully stop an opponent's movement. With extreme precision, he can choose any part of the body to allow movement for.
|Known Gourmet Hunters||Acacia • Atashino • Brubo • Buchichupon • Chin Chinchin • Coco • Drunker • Guemon • Hatch • Ichiryu • Jiro • Makky • Manabu Sakamaki • Manan • Midora • Morijii • Nosh • Peck • Penpen • Rapp • Renalle • Ryoutei • Safla • Sakura • Shusaku Shirakawa • Starjun • Sunny • Thor • Toriko • Tsurara Mama • Yocchi • Zebra • Zen • Zongeh|
|Groups||Four Heavenly Kings • Gourmet Corp. • Gourmet Yakuza • Gourmet Knights • Hex Food Beast Knights • Underground Heavenly Kings|
|Related Articles||Combo • Animal Partner • Gourmet Cells • Full Course Menu • Knocking • Weapons • GT Robo • Bar Heavy Lodge • World Kitchen|